Saturday 5 July 2014

Birthday Bunting


I made the bunting itself about two years ago, but after neglecting it in a cupboard I decided to make it into something useful.

I made the letters roughly from scrap curtain fabric that we had. Then I simply zigzag stitched (firm edge appliqued) them onto each flag. I left two plain ones at the start, end, and between the words.


As you can see, the letters are very roughly cut out and are not all the same sizes. I did this deliberately to give it a slapdash, country feel, but it would work just as well using stencils.


The bunting was made using scrap fabric, some from an old duvet set of mine that ripped. It was made very quickly, and the flags all have raw edges, but on hindsight I would have used pinking shears to tidy the edges up a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...