Thursday 26 June 2014

I Made My PROM DRESS!


I decided to alter this dress - my mum originally wore it to my auntie's wedding as her bridesmaid.

To begin with, I changed the sleeves/straps from the large puffed ones to the 3cm straps. I unpicked them from the dress, then used the fabric to make straps and restitched them. 

Then I took it up by about 30cm by hand stitching the outer and machine stitching the lining. (Before hand stitching I zigzag stitched the raw edges).

I then took it in by pinning it when it was on me, and drawing chalk lines either side of the fold. Then I unpinned, took it off and tacked it so that the fold was on the inside. Then I machine stitched it.

All in all it took quite a while because I kept double checking everything because I was really anxious about making a mistake, but I don't regret the decision to make it at all. Prom was so much fun and everyone looked amazing!

I have lots of projects lined up for the summer, so now that this is done I can concentrate on those!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...