Monday 23 June 2014

I Made a Skirt Out of a T-Shirt!

Before: 


After:


What I Used:
- Sewing Machine
- Thread
- Old T-shirt; mine is size medium from Cotton Traders
- Elastic about 1cm wide
- Scissors

How I made it:
(1) First, I turned the shirt inside out and cut off the sleeves and collar.
(2) Then I put it on, still inside out, and pinned to fit loosely.

(3) Then I stitched down the pin lines and cut away the excess fabric.


(4) Then, because I do not have an overlocker, I zigzag stitched the edges.



(5) I then made the waistband:
         - I roughly measured around my waist and cut the elastic to that length
         - Then I sewed at various intervals in a zigzag stitch to keep it in place

         - I then did each section at a time by pulling the elastic and fabric so that the fabric was flat and the elastic was stretched. I sewed in a zigzag stitch because it is less likely to break and it stretches better.


(6) Then I roll-hemmed the top of the skirt to cover the elastic.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...